Tuesday, September 13, 2005

One last visit - Lunch with Mum and Dad


Tonight our bags are almost packed and the good news is that I still have lots of room in my case.

I drove up to the leafy North Shore this morning, where the azaleas are blooming their little heads off and Sydney's springtime is most evident, to have lunch with my parents, Mary and Trevor, before Dad went off to play tennis.

(That's the patchwork wallhanging I made for their 50th wedding anniversary eight years ago, in the background).

They're smiling in the photo, but I know they're secretly a little apprehensive for our safety as we fly off to explore foreign lands - but they'd never say anything. They'll be praying for our safe return, and that's a very special gift. You always need your Mum and Dad!!

We are being picked up at 5am tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll be waking up all night - don't want to miss that plane. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone has that rush of excitement for you both... you seem to be going on a real adventure... and we all are sending you our loving prayers. Bon voyage... inshallah!

xxx Sheri & Scott

Wednesday, 14 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home