Thursday, September 08, 2005

Show and Tell - I finished my shoulder bag!


At last, with everybody else in bed, and the companionable cricket commentary on the radio beside me, I've put the final touches to the embroidered shoulder bag I've made for the trip, with its nifty little pockets for everything.

I'll be looking at this bag all day every day for three months, so it had to be an item that I would love using, and these embroidery designs that my friend Gail gave me were the perfect embellishment I needed. There are five zipped pockets on the outside, and a pocket for my glasses on the shoulder strap. Then inside there are more compartments to hold my purse, watercolour pencils, sketch book and sewing accessories - and maybe even a small paperback book.

But will I remember which pocket holds what, I wonder?

Now all I have to do is pray it doesn't get snatched in Italy! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic! & should wrap around you too well for the gypsy kids in Rome to figure out! I couldn't work out how to make it let alone try to remember what goes where!! Ditto with Lachy & Merries quilt. You are amazing!
Itinerary printed & on the fridge for daily reminder for envy & prayer!! PS are you practicing being up early??? a 7.20am posting!!

Friday, 09 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home